If your AWS account’s ability to send email is paused all of a sudden, then you can’t use Amazon SES to send emails until you resolve the problem with the AWS account. Your AWS Account uses a set of IP addresses that are shared with other users around the globe (if you don’t send email using dedicated IP address). Because of this, Amazon SES might pause your account’s ability to send additional emails to protect the reputation of the shared IP addresses. Here are few reasons that might lead to a sending pause which includes:
- Your AWS Account was already placed under review and the issue wasn’t corrected before the end of the review period.
- A bounce rate of 10% or greater has been exceeded.
- A complaint rate is 0.5% or greater has been exceeded.
- Your account was placed under review several times for the same issue.
- Emails sent from your account violated AWS Service Terms.
To resolve AWS Account paused issue, you must:
- Identify the problem.
- Request a new review and respond to follow-up questions from the Amazon SES team.
Identify the problem:
You need to read the email send by the Amazon SES team which summarizes the problems that led to the review or pause on your sending emails of your AWS Account. This issues that can lead to a pause on your account include bounces, complaints, and spam traps.
Request a new review and respond to follow-up questions from the Amazon SES team:
After you identify the problems with your sending emails and take steps to fix them, request a new review from the Amazon SES team.
To request a new review on your sending account, open the AWS Support Center. Then, reply to the case that Amazon SES opened on your behalf. In your reply, include your responses to these reports:
- A list of changes that you made to fix the problem.
- An explanation of how these changes will prevent the problem from happening again.
After Amazon SES team receives your request for a new review, they will decide whether to uphold or remove the review or further pause on your sending emails of your AWS Account. If your new review is unsuccessful, then Amazon SES team contacts you with follow-up questions. Be sure to respond to Amazon SES team with the requested follow-up questions carefully.