Are you struggling to start your email and looking for inspiration to write some effective email opening lines? Then look no further; you are on the right page!
In this blog, I will discuss and provide some of the best email opening lines that you can use in your email campaigns.
Table of contents
What is an Email Opening Line?
The first line of the email body, especially right after the greeting, is called the email opening line. It’s also known as an email opening/starting sentence.
So, why is it essential and demands your attention? You need to focus on it because it’s crucial for setting the tone of your email, making a good first impression, and grabbing recipients’ attention. 79% of consumers prefer to be contacted by email in the US alone! Hence, you need to write good email opening lines to make your email campaigns effective.
Parts of Email Opener
The opening of emails or email openers has two key parts:
- A proper email greeting
- A hooking opening line
A proper greeting
Each email starts with a greeting, and this is the part where you address your receiver personally. And depending on the greeting you choose, this is where you might connect with the recipients or lose the connections instantaneously.
A hooking opening line
Here is where you hook and draw the reader in. Getting your reader's attention and piquing their interest in an email so they want to read the rest. Since efficient emails are usually short and sweet, your beginning line should be to the point.
Best Email Opening Lines Examples
Let’s go through some examples of the best opening lines for emails. And I’m suggesting them according to different situations and tones so you can use them as per your preferences.
Professional email opening lines
Here, presenting some of the best professional email opening lines for you! These suggestions will make the decision to write professional email starting lines easier.
- Thank you for reaching out to me/us.
- I hope this email finds you well.
- I hope you’re having a great day.
- I hope you’re having a great day.
- I am contacting you about “X.”
- Thank you for the prompt response.
- It’s so good to hear from you.
- I’m glad to notify/inform you on/regarding …
- I/We would love to hear about your thoughts on “X.”
- I/We would love to hear about your recent experience on …
Formal email opening lines
Here are some of the best formal email opening lines for you! You can use them as you see fit whenever writing formal opening lines for your email campaigns.
- I hope this email/letter finds you well.
- I am pleased/happy to inform you that …
- I would like to bring to your attention …
- Thank you for your time and consideration.
- It was a pleasure talking/speaking to/with you!
- I hope you’re having a good day.
- In reference to the previous conversation …
- With regard to the last/previous/earlier correspondence/conversation, …
- I am writing to inform you that …
- I am writing to inquire on/about “X.”
- I am reaching out to you regarding//about “X.”
- I am writing to discuss.
- I wanted to touch base with you on/regarding “X.”
- I am writing to introduce myself and our company.
- I am writing to introduce “X” [name/product/company etc.]
Informal email opening lines
Now, I am suggesting some of the best informal email opening lines for you! You can use them as per your preference!
- How’s it going?
- A friendly reminder to/for …
- How have you been?
- What’s up!
- FYI ‘X.”
- Long time no talk.
- It’s been too long.
- Quick question …
- Super quick thing to know/inform …
- Thanks for this/”X.”
Funny email opening lines
Now, go through some of the best funny email opening lines! Use these for a witty and lightening vibe in your email marketing campaigns.
- Only ‘X” more days until Friday!
- Happy “X” more days until Saturday!
- It’s me again!
- I hope you’re surviving this/another work week.
- Sorry to ruin your cleared inbox.
- Hopefully, you’ve already had your coffee.
- Apology for ruining your cleared inbox.
Friendly email opening lines
Some emails need to be set in a friendly tone. Check out the following friendly email opening lines and use these in your emails for a friendly interaction.
- I hope your week has been great so far.
- I hope your week started well.
- Thank you for getting/keeping in touch with …
- It’s been a while, my friend!
- Long time no talk, buddy/friend!
- I am eager to get your opinion/advice on …
- I loved your recent social media post.
- I loved your recent blog post.
- It’s great/good to hear from you!
- Thanks for reaching out.
Follow up email opening lines
Follow up emails are for discussing something that has been talked about previously. Here are some follow up email opening lines that you can easily use in your follow-up emails.
- I am following up on our last/recent discussion/conversation …
- I just wanted to follow up on …
- Can you give me an estimation for the upcoming “X”?
- Can you estimate when the “X” will be done?
- May I have an estimation for when “X” will be done?
- Can/May I get any update on “X”?
- Just checking in on …
- As we discussed earlier/previously …
- As per our previous discussion/conversation …
- I am following up just to make sure “X.”
Opening Lines Writing Tips
Let’s briefly check some essential facts while writing email opening lines.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Match the previous email.
- Maintain standards and be polite and friendly with the recipients.
- Whenever in doubt, go formal.
- Consider your recipients.
Opening Line Examples
Check out these three email campaigns for further opening line examples.
Email opening line example no. 1
Example no. 2
Example no. 3
Emails are undoubtedly a great way to engage with audiences, which is why email marketing platform is still effective. In this blog, you have gone through some essential examples and suggestions for email opening lines. Therefore, you don’t have to struggle with it after completing the email subject lines and greetings. So, wait no more! Use our price-friendly, super handy email marketing tool MailBluster, and send email campaigns with great email opening lines.